Posted: 07.06.19 at 15:53 by Griffin Books
Penarth independent bookshop, Griffin Books, brings the Penarth Literature Festival back for another year with events to suit all ages and all reading tastes.
“We’re really excited for this year’s festival,” says Kate, Events Manager at Griffin Books. “It’s absolutely jam-packed with events on hugely interesting topics. It’s a real joy to host it for the community.”
The festival is in it’s eighth year and takes place a little earlier than usual on 20 - 23 June 2019. The broad spectrum of events include fiction, medicine, faith, politics, poetry and children's, all with a distinctly Welsh flavour.
It kicks off with a sold out literary lunch with bestselling novelist Victoria Hislop on Thursday 20th June and continues with three events each day throughout the weekend culminating in the always popular poetry showcase on Sunday evening at Waterloo Tea.
Thursday 20th June:
• 1pm - Literary Lunch with Victoria Hislop *Sold Out*
• 7:30pm - Growing Pains with Dr Mike Shooter
Friday 21st June:
• 11am - Fit for a Purpose with Diana Gruffydd Williams
• 2:30pm - Brigantia (Fiction) with Adrian Goldsworthy
• 7:30pm - Out of Place: How Foreign Lands Become Home (Fiction Panel
Saturday 22nd June
• 10:30am - The Colour of Happy with Laura Baker (under 5s)
• 2:30pm - Wales: England’s Colony? with Martin Johnes
• 5pm - Seaglass with Eloise Williams
Sunday 23rd June:
• 10am - Writer’s Workshop with Tyler Keevil
• 2:30pm - Bring Me Sunshine (Fiction) with Laura Kemp
• 7:30pm - Poetry Showcase
Full details of all the events can be found by clicking the red button below. You can also get your tickets from there. Most tickets are £5 and all can be booked online or directly via the shop over phone or in person.