Posted: 13.09.20 at 10:47 by Alex Jones
Nub News puts Penarth in your pocket and brings you closer to the town you love.
But how much do you actually know about Penarth?
We've teamed up with Peter Walford of Penarth Walks for our first weekly quiz that puts your knowledge of "The Garden by the Sea" to the test.
ROUND ONE - TOWN TRIVIA:
1. What town in France is Penarth twinned with?
2. What year did Penarth Pier open?
3. “Holm”, as in "Flatholm", is a word derived from which language, French? Welsh? Norse?
4. Who is Alexandra Park named after?
5. What person links Penarth to a primary school in Ely?
ROUND TWO - THIS WEEK IN PENARTH NUB NEWS:
1. How many miles of knitted rainbow now decorate the route from Windsor Road to LLandough Hospital?
2. A Penarth man is today carrying a what musical instrument up a mountain?
3. The Vale of Glamorgan Council is introducing what new high-tech method of parking restriction enforcement?
4. What seafaring paddle steamer that appears annually in Penarth made national news this week for crashing into a pier in Arran?
5. Griffin Books is celebrating what birthday?
4. Wife of King Edward VII
5. Harriet Windsor-Clive
1. 1.5 miles!
3. Camera car
4. Waverley ferry
If you enjoyed the quiz, you will love Peter's free guided walking tours of Penarth.
Email Peter on: [email protected] to book a tour.
Let us know how you did!