Posted: 19.07.19 at 16:25 by Jon Dewis
Gardeners from around Penarth, Lavernock and Swanbridge will be opening their gardens to the public for the Annual Penarth Open Gardens Trail.
The trail will be open in aid of The Children’s Society and will run on the weekend of the 27th-28th July.
The trail will highlight the diversity of the various gardens available to view and spotlight the talent and expertise of the local gardeners.
They have a wealth of knowledge and they will be available to share their expertise with visitors on their gardening problems. Such as, 'how to reduce the slug/snail population in gardens!'
Members of the public are encouraged to seek out the plants they would like in their garden and see if they are suitable for their garden conditions.
This is the 23rd year the Garden trail has been running and raises much needed money for the Children’s Society charity to assist them in carrying out their important work with children and families.
The event has been growing over the years and this year we have sixteen gardens available to view over the weekend with some old favourites as well as some new gardens.
Jon Dewis, the event organiser, said: “There is an ongoing need to get the public out into their gardens, which research has shown is very beneficial to ones health and wellbeing”.
Entry Tickets, giving access to all the gardens are priced at £5 for adults and children go free.
They can be bought on the day at any of the gardens and include a complimentary tea/coffee.
Also available to purchase will be Cream Teas, homemade cakes, filled rolls, preserves, plant stalls and much more.
Gardens open on Saturday and Sunday from 10.00-18.00:
• 4 Tudor Close, Westbourne Road CF64 5BR
• 77 Coleridge Avenue CF64 2SR
• 23 Knowbury Avenue CF64 5RX
• 1-2 Cosmeston Cottages Lavernock Road CF64 5UQ
• 190 Lavernock Road CF64 5UP
• 164 Redlands Road CF64 2QR
• Flat 1 The Lindens Bradford Place CF64 1LA
• Treboeth Beach Road Swanbridge CF64 5UG
• 4 Mallard way CF645FG
• 23 Plymouth Road CF64 3DA
Gardens open Saturday only 10.00-18.00
• The Allotments between 63-65 Westbourne Road
• 42 Hastings Avenue CF64 2TG
Gardens open Sunday only 11.00-17.00
• 10 Marine Parade CF64 3BG
• Cosmeston Medieval Village Herb Gardens 11.00-16.00
• 4 Belle Vue Terrace CF64 1DB
• 47 Clive Place CF64 1AX
• Oakland Cottage Tower Hill CF64 3BJ
For further information email: [email protected] or phone 02920706369